Sunday, December 14, 2014
Having family in from out of town this holiday season? Sometimes it can get a bit burdensome to look for things to keep both you and your guests entertained throughout the entirety of their visit! We took some of the load off for you! Take a look at some of the best things you and your guests can do to stay sane and entertained!
1. Take them for barbecue! Kansas City is famous for our one-of-a-kind barbecue! Take them to the nationally renowned Oklahoma Joe's or Gates Bar-B-Que for a bite to eat!
2. Take them to see the Plaza Lights! With over 80 miles of lights and 280,000 multi-colored bulbs, your guests are sure to be in awe of our illuminated Country Club Plaza in downtown Kansas City!
3. Go see Christmas in the Park! Longview Lake's Christmas in the Park is one of the most fantastic light displays in all of Kansas City! The abundance of over 175 animated figures and twinkling splendor are a sight for any holiday thrill-seeker!
4. Take them to some thrilling holiday productions! From The Nutcracker to A Christmas Carol, these timeless tales come to life on the most famous stages in Kansas City! Don't miss these classic holiday stories come to life at this wonderful time of year!
5. Visit Crown Center! If you are looking for a unique place to grab some lunch, do a little shopping or maybe even take the family ice-skating, Crown Center never disappoints! With three levels of shopping and dining in addition to a beautiful ice terrace and the Mayor's Christmas tree, this is the one stop you definitely don't want to miss!
Don't be left sitting inside all holiday, take your family for some Kansas City fun and take advantage of all this beautiful city has to offer!