But I think our customers are the biggest readers of all. More often that not, I will go into our customer lounge and ask someone what they are reading and why they chose that book - and guess what they say. "A friend/family member recommended it." Or, "I saw it on Amazon and the reviews were great!" Or, one of my favorites, "I liked the cover." Of course.
We thought it would be fun to ask "what is on YOUR nightstand". Here is what is on ours right now:
1. 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz - If chilling thrillers aren't your style, then you won't want anything to do with tale of The Pendleton Mansion. New York Times bestselling author (who has sold over 400 million copies of his suspense thrillers to date) Dean Koontz, brings this haunting tale to life not only through words but with a video game tour of the mansion on his website where YOU can be a part of the terror (SO COOL - a must play!)
2. If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster - If there were ever a lady that could make you LAUGH OUT LOUD and PUT A SERIOUS STITCH IN YOUR SIDE, this is her. This queen of sweating Chardonnay and hilarious footnotes (one of the best parts about her books!) brings forth sarcastic richness like no other and promises to entertain you after a long dreary day at the office.
3. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson - The name says it all. This creative, brilliant man set the tone for inventive technology as we know it.
4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer - Travel along with this brilliant 9 year old as he goes on a secret mission to find a lock that matches a key that his father gave to him...right before he died in the World Trade Center on the crisp morning of Sept. 11.
5. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - The story of Louis Zamperini, an Army leiutenant in 1943 who survived when his bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared. Ahead of Zamperini lay thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, a foundering raft, thirst and starvation, enemy aircraft, and, beyond, a trial even greater. Unbroken is a testament to the resilience of the human mind, body, and spirit. COULD NOT put this one down! A MUST READ!
HAPPY READING LEXUS LOVERS!